When it comes to office security, smoke detectors are certainly one of the most important devices that keep your staff and other people safe and secure. Although, it can’t be denied that there is no one who hasn’t woken up from a good sleep because of annoying alarm which is low on batteries, or maybe tried clearing smoke from their kitchen when they burned some toast and the alarm thought your house is on fire.
Maybe, it’s to switch to an alarm that is more.. smart ?
Good for you, there are tons of smart smoke detectors available that connect with wifi, interact with you through mobile apps and help you secure your home even if you aren’t there. In this article, I’ve listed the best smoke detectors and alarms
Best Overall: Nest Protect
If you don’t want to read a lot, and simply a smart smoke detector, look no further. Nest’s products have industrial-grade photoelectric smoke sensors which easily distinguish between types of fires and works accordingly. It works in collaboration with other smart devices present in your home like light bulbs, and thermostats as per your needs. You can hush the Nest Protect from your smartphone to get rid of false alarms. You’ll also get alerts when the alarm sense something is wrong, letting you keep an eye on your phone regardless of your presense.
Other feature of the Nest protect include ambient light sensor, humidity sensor and occupancy sensor to judge precisely what is going on in your home. You can either plug in to a socket or use battery power. With a simple setup, it connects to your Wi-fi as well. You can choose from multiple color finishes to better match your office or home’s decor.
Best budget: KIDE RF SMDC WIRELESS INTERCONNECTED BATTERY OPERATED SMOKE SYSTEM
The Kidde Wireless Battery Powered Smoke Alarm allows us for the easy installation of an interconnected smoke alarm system without the high cost and without the hassle of rewiring your home. The alarms are of course wirelessly linked so that when one alarm is triggered, all alarms will sound. This alarm can also be placed in a detached workshop or shed and can be linked into the home’s interconnected system.
Experts generally recommend interconnected alarms, because when one sounds, they all sound, providing an early warning against fire by dramatically increasing your ability to hear an alarm anywhere in your home, regardless of where the fire starts. Newer homes are actually required by code to have interconnected alarms. Wireless technology now enables any home to have an interconnected system of alarms.
Kidde’s Battery-Operated Wire-Free Inter connectable Smoke Alarms are generally powered by 3 AA batteries and makes it easy to expand the protective coverage of your current interconnected system. These alarm also feature wire-free interconnectivity with Kidde RF-SM-ACDC and other Kidde RF-SM-DC units. If one unit is triggered, all interconnected alarms will sound all together.
These smoke alarms will also interconnect immediately out of the box without any user programming. Kidde Wire-Free Smoke Alarms enables you to extend the coverage and protection of interconnected smoke alarms —without actually any need for additional wiring. You can even install this smoke detector in a detached garage or workshop and will be alerted by another detector in the house.
Best for alexa users: First alert onelink safe and sound
- First Alert introduces us to the Onelink Safe & Sound, an all-new, Alexa-enabled, Apple HomeKit-compatible hardwired photoelectric smoke and electrochemical carbon monoxide alarm, featuring a state-of-the-art, omni-directional speaker backed by First Alert’s unparalleled reliability and equipped with the power of Alexa to us
- It has Optimal ceiling placement enhances the speaker’s acoustic quality and provides crisp vocals and deep, rich bass that resonate throughout the room; make installation fast and easy by using the included AC adapter plugs to replace your existing hardwire alarms without rewiring (AC power is required for Onelink Safe & Sound)
- You can also talk to Alexa on your Safe & Sound. Just ask Alexa to play music, fill you in on the news, check weather, control smart home devices, and more. Alexa’s always adding skills, so it gets smarter over time
- You can Just ask for a song, artist, or genre from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, a. Onelink can also play Audible audiobooks, radio stations, news, and more for you
- You can use to Get remote notifications of an emergency in your home, track carbon monoxide levels, and customize a nightlight using First Alert’s Onelink Home app
Best value- First alert 2 in 1-Z wave smoker detector
- It Helps to keep your family safe with this battery-operated smoke and carbon monoxide combination alarm. This is easy-to-install smoke and carbon monoxide combination alarm also connects with other Z-Wave compatible alarms and a Z-Wave hub (sold separately)
- Integrated wireless alarm system is Iris compatible to send you mobile alerts and emails, so that you’re aware of dangers after the alarm is activated, whether you’re home or away
- Alarm features photoelectric smoke-sensing technology are optimized to detect larger smoke particles produced by smoldering fires, and an electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor
Best for ADT security- Samsung smart things ADT smoke alarm
- You can Know when there’s smoke or extreme temperatures in your home
- You will also Receive alerts or set lights and other connected devices to turn onand off when extreme temperatures or smoke is detected in your home
- It Initiates optional ADT professional monitoring services
- Get ADT Professional Monitoring Services with low month-to-month rates and no long-term contracts too
- It Requires an SmartThings ADT Security Starter Kit (F-ADT-STR-KT-1). It Will not pair with SmartThings Hub nor any other ADT panels
Best design : leeo smart smoke detector
- Leeo Smart Smoke Detector Monitors existing smoke, CO and water* alarms and alerts you if they go off
- It Alerts you via in-app or push notifications and automated phone calls
- Leeo Smart Smoke Detector Provides your local emergency service phone number in app or by text
- It Calls friends and family for backup if you don’t respond to alert notifications
- The device has Beautiful color adjustible nightlight design to fit your mood or decor
- Also Works with hundreds of other smart products and services using IFTTT